Free O’Reilly eBook excerpt: The Guide to Kubernetes
Originally developed by Google, Kubernetes is an open source container orchestrator which has become a de facto standard in managing containerized environments. Kubernetes supports popular container tools like Docker, and delivers a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications across clusters of hosts.
This excerpt of “Kubernetes: Up & Running” will teach you:
- The benefits of using a container orchestrator
- How to create and run Docker containers
- Creating and managing jobs
- Integrating Kubernetes with your storage solutions
- How to deploy real-world applications into production